CyberFirst Girls Competition
1 October @ 8:00 am - 31 December @ 5:00 pm UTC+0
The NCSC will once again be running the CyberFirst Girls Competition in 2020 but this year we have changed the format slightly. The competition will open from October with the competition dates yet tbc.
Each year we try to improve the user experience of the competition and this year is no exception. To encourage and recognise participation from all parts of the UK, we will extend the online qualifier round to 10 days and introduce a semi-final round. (See the semi-final page for further information).
What you need to know
- Teams are made up of up to four female students in Year 8, S2 or Year 9 (NI).
- Teams need to be supported by a responsible adult appointed by the school who is aged over 18 years and who can act as the team guardian.
- Team guardians do not need to have any cyber knowledge or be an IT or computer science teacher. Their role is to register the teams and facilitate access to the competition.
- Schools can enter as many teams as they like if they fit the qualifying criteria (see above).
- The semi-final round will be self-funded by the school.
- The Grand Final will be fully funded by the NCSC